Conferences are a great way to get to network with medical students and health professionals from around the world, make life long connections and get inspired. We understand that registration and travel expenses can be expensive, hence, GUMS is committed to giving back to its members via the Conference Reimbursement Scheme.
This scheme allows students to apply for reimbursement of the costs incurred by attending a conference of their choice. Students can receive $250 to cover the costs of registration, accommodation, travel or other approved expenses. Students can apply through our website after attending the conference, with reimbursements provided to successful applicants in two rounds (Jan-June and July-Dec). There are 6 X $250 reimbursements available throughout 2019.
Some conferences that you might be interested in include, but are not limited to:
- RDAQ conference
- AMSA Council
- ANZCA Annual Scientific Meeting
- Australasian Students’ Surgical Conference
- PVOGS Obstetrics and Gynaecology Conference
- RCPA Pathology Update
- AMSA National Leadership Development Seminar
- International Congress for Neuroimmunology
- Developing a Career in Academic Surgery Course
- European Society for Medical Oncology Conference
To be eligible:
- Attend a conference of your choice. Remember to take a snap of yourself while you are there!
- Fill out our online application.
- Answer questions prompted in the application
- Provide receipts of purchase.
- Upload a photo of yourself at the conference.
- Anonymised applications will be judged by members of the GUMS team and successful applicants will receive a bursary
2019 due dates:
- First round: 11:59pm, 14 June 2019. Winners contacted in the weeks after closing date.
- Specifically for conferences attended in December 2018 to May 2019, but applications will be accepted from the previous application period (June 2018 to November 2018)
- Second round: 11:59pm, 14 December 2019. Winners contacted in the weeks after closing date.
- Specifically for conferences attended in June 2019 to November 2019, but applications will be accepted from the previous application period (December 2018 to May 2019)